Read Chrissy Like Chrissy on Facebook Follow Chrissy on Twitter Follow Chrissy's Pins Contact Chrissy

Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Can You Give Me The Finger?


If you happen to have a few spare fingers, I could use one. Or, at least, just the tip. I learned today that I may lose the tip of my left pointer finger, and I admit... it has me upset. There a LOT of things I need my fingers for!




It's hard to be judgmental, a personal-favorite hobby of mine, without pointing a finger in admonishment. Now, I could go Righty on that, but I prefer to have my right hand planted on my hip in outrage. The slight tip-forward of the body, accompanied by a left-handed finger of judgement... it's "naughty naughty" genius, eh?


Close kin to the finger-point, the finger-wag. Wagging takes the judgmental pointage one step further, to a physical accusation in full waggledy glory. No-no-no, it seems to tick tock at the sinner. Another move that feels somehow incomplete without a hip-planted hand to underscore it.


Then there's licking frosting, whipped cream, and all sorts of other yummy goodness from the fingertip. Again, the righty is there as backup, but don't we prefer to have that right hand supporting whatever bowl or cake platter is falling victim to the lick? Once more, I feel myself anticipating a handicap.


And lastly, of course... well, maybe only in traffic... or when the tissue is gone... but really? I know they say you can pick your friends, and you can pick your nose, but you can't pick your friends' nose...

The question is, how much do you love me?

1 comments ]:[ Add your comment:

Anonymous said...

I love you a LOT to get past that first photo. Don't expect the worst. They've been wrong too many times with you!

Post a Comment